Brand Journalist | Junior Copywriter
OYT Chilliwack is looking for a smart, talented and highly conceptual Junior Copywriter to join our insanely ambitious team in Chilliwack B.C. The ideal candidate will have a background in writing with a zeal for communicating across all digital channels—from sales copy for business websites and digital advertising, to video, social media properties or a combination of all three.
The Junior Copywriter will be an essential part of our creative department, working closely with the Senior Copywriter and Strategy team to fulfill. The right person will be a Big Idea thinker as well as a highly skilled crafter of words who is flexible in writing for multiple clients, in varying mediums. If you love telling stories through digital, think very creatively and conceptually about online marketing and want to work with a bright, highly motivated team of business creatives, then this might be a great next step in your career.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Do what it takes in every situation
- Make what’s important to customer important to us
- Health & Wellness in the workplace
- We are all honest and accountable
- Inspirational Environment – Creative, Work, Play, Life
WHAT YOU DO
- Execute on strategy and fulfillment decisions from Senior Copywriter
- Basic ability to write Direct Response, Persuasive and Branded copy
- Write website content homepage, about, service and other basic pages.
- Manage multiple client files simultaneously
- Help to develop marketing message and strategic voice for clients
- Pitch story and content ideas to Sr Writers
- Work on concept development with Strategy and Dev teams
- Tell compelling stories and create persuasive content that sells
- Participate in client creative meetings
- Consistently provide fantastic ideas for content marketing for OYT’s Blog and SM channels
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE IN YOUR POCKET
- Some writing experience with demonstrated expertise in technical and creative writing
- Long-form writing (journalism, blog, creative writing) is a huge plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Communicate clearly
- Experience in writing for digital mediums including websites, apps, social, email and video is an asset
- Proudly geek out on the intricacies of human behaviour, trends, pop culture and ways to make a difference in the world
- Able to be in the office minimum 2 days a week
- Either play or have a desire to learn one musical instrument in your life
- Self-initiating and can deliver on deadline
- BA/BS might be helpful
WHAT YOU GET
- Flexible Schedule
- To play foosball, pinball, drums, keytar, chess, cribbage or squash.
- To go hiking, surfing or mountain biking
- Pho every Thursday
Resumes will be accepted until JULY 17, 2018
Submit your resume to [email protected]
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of previous work
- 202, 7408 Vedder Road, Chilliwack, BC
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those considered qualified will be contacted.
Local applicants only. No phone calls, please.